The Spirit of Corby awards are a celebration of the people of Corby who go above and beyond to inspire and help their community and town.
Corby Town Council are delighted to be able to bring back these awards previously hosted by Corby Borough Council. To qualify, nominees must live or work in Corby.
The Spirit of Corby Awards ceremony will take place on Friday 18th November at the Holiday Inn, Corby.
Sponsorship - This popular event gives the town a chance to recognize some local talent or hidden hero's and we are looking for local businesses to support and share in this prestigious event.
Sponsors of the event will each have an award/category named after their business. Their name will be included in all build-up advertisements including the Evening Telegraph, Focussed on Corby Magazine, Corby Radio and their social media platforms plus all Corby Town Councils website and social media. On the night at the actual awards ceremony each sponsor will receive a half page advert in the program and tickets to the event.
We are requesting a fee of £500 to include all the above exposure.
We do hope you are able to join us and get on board for what is set to be a very exciting first Spirit of Corby Awards for your newly formed Town Councils. To sponsor an award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This years categories are:
- Community Spirit Award - includes Community safety/Community cohesion - This award is for an individual or group who has worked towards making their area a safer or stronger community, whether it is through contributing to reducing crime and anti-social behaviour or simply being an active member of the community who gives time to make a difference in their area.
- Environmental Spirit Award - The award is for an individual or group who have worked to protect or improve the natural or built environment or promoted environmentally responsible attitudes and behaviour such as recycling or energy saving.
- Creative Spirit Award - This award is for an individual or group who has shown a talent or given up time to help develop others in the arts in Corby including music, theatre, art, dance, and literature, or who has shown general creativity through arts and crafts.
- Club Spirit Award - The award is for an individual or a group who has contributed towards a local club or society, such as sporting, social or voluntary groups, or nominate for whole club or group for what they bring for the community.
- Educational Spirit Award - This award is for an individual or a group who has enriched their lives through a commitment to lifelong learning, who has returned to education, achieved excellence in their chosen field, or who inspires others with their enthusiasm and love for learning which could include teachers, TAs, or School Heads.
- Young Spirit of Corby Award - Presented to a young Corby resident (under 25) who has contributed to their local community, is an example to their friends, may have excelled in music, education, and sport, or has perhaps overcome adversity to show the real 'Spirit of Corby'.
- Health and Wellbeing – include carer, organisation, or nurses not necessarily within the NHS - This award is for an individual, a team or entire organisation whose staff have had a positive impact in the health sector. Awarded to the person or group who have made a real difference to a patient in their care and recognized for delivering health and high-quality care.
- Youth Organisation award – above and beyond, scouts, youth club etc - Awarded to a group/club who are making a real difference to the lives of young people in Corby, thorough their ability to make all children feel included and giving them a sense of belonging. Supporting them different ways from their health and wellbeing to providing a positive role model.
- Animal Champion of the year - To celebrate the work of an individual or organisation who have shown outstanding service and devoted their time to animals. Given to someone or group who have played a key role in the welfare of animal or has a heroic animal related rescue story.
- Public Sector Worker award – police, council employee - Awarded to an induvial who has gone above and beyond to help or support either their colleagues or the public through their profession work. Nominations from managers, colleagues, or a resident on the receiving end of this exceptional individual.
Nominations have now been verified and voting is open. Winners will be chosen by members of the public casting their votes online and will close on Wednesday 5th October
Please let us know who your Corby Hero is, cast your Vote here
The overall winners will then be announced at an awards ceremony which will take place on Friday 18th November at the Holiday Inn, Corby.